Albian Ajeti: Celtic striker says he deserved to play more at West Ham

 


"To be fair I deserved to play more, I don't need to hide that. I deserved that... I just think I need to play and this is why I signed"

Albian Ajeti claims he was not given enough chances at West Ham before signing a four-year deal with Celtic.

The 23-year-old Switzerland striker joined the Hoops for a fee of around £5m after making 12 appearances without scoring in a year with the Londoners.

It is also understood a personal intervention by boss Neil Lennon convinced Ajeti to choose Celtic, after a host of Premier League and European clubs were also interested.

Ajeti, whose move to West Ham from Basel cost the Premier League club £8m, was speaking in an open-air media conference at Celtic Park when he suggested his opportunities in England were limited.

He said: "Yes, to be fair I deserved to play more, I don't need to hide that. I deserved that. But this is football, this is how it is. I am really happy now. What is gone is gone and I am looking forward now.

"I just think I need to play and this is why I signed for Celtic.

"I had a good chat with the gaffer, Neil Lennon, and the sporting director (Nick Hammond), they really wanted me and this was the most important thing because the first season I had in West Ham was clear for me; I need to play and I am really looking forward to playing with Celtic."

Celtic manager Lennon told the club's official website: "We are delighted to bring Albian to Celtic.

"He is a tremendous player, an international with real quality and I know he is really determined to do all he can to bring more success to our supporters.

"I have admired สูตรบาคาร่า him for a long time as he is a really intelligent footballer, well balanced and a really good finisher. We are so pleased to make him a Celtic player and we hope he has a long and prosperous career with us."

Ajeti insists the challenge at Celtic Park is no different to the one down south.

He said: "It is the same. It is football, here or the Premier League. Celtic, with the standards they have, it doesn't feel any change. I am really happy to be here."

contact us Line ID: @ufa98v2

ความคิดเห็น