Grigor Dimitrov insists he has a lot more left to give but he's also looking forward to life after tennis

 


Dimitrov: "I always knew it, but now I feel that tennis is not everything"

Grigor Dimitrov says it has been an eye-opening experience having spent time out of the game in lockdown but he now wants to return to tennis with a renewed focus.

Dimitrov has won eight ATP titles in his career and reached a career-high ranking of No 3 in 2017, but after bursting onto the scene by winning consecutive Grand Slam boys' singles titles at the 2008 Wimbledon Championships and the 2008 US Open, he has not been able to live up to the hype.

The Bulgarian reached the semi-finals at Wimbledon in 2014, Australian Open in 2017, and at last year's US Open.

Despite claiming the biggest title of his career by winning the ATP Finals in London three years ago, the 29-year-old has not been able to reach a maiden Grand Slam final.

"I feel like I've had to deal with สล็อต a lot of adversity over the past 18 months on so many different levels and all I'm going to try and do right now is focus one week at a time, which I have not done in a really long time," he said.

"The reason I'm saying that is the injuries - my first injury last year (shoulder) and then I dropped down pretty bad to around 84 or 85 in the world so I had to fight my way back, and then the pandemic happened. So many things in a sequence, back-to-back, but right now I'm just trying to focus on the right things to do.

"To be completely honest with you, it's not bad to take yourself out of tennis for a bit and I think that's what has been happening overall this year. I'm still in the game, but it's good to take yourself out because I've been playing tennis since I was three and I've been pro for 11 years now, so you need to understand that.

"I always knew it, but now I feel that tennis is not everything (in life) and it's good that you start understanding the complexity of the sport on a different level earlier rather than later when you're about to stop playing the game."

contact us Line ID: @ufa98v2

ความคิดเห็น